Saturday, August 4, 2012

Zions National Park and Kolob

While I was in Utah for my Business trip I asked Sarah if we could go to Zions and Kolob that Saturday. I was excited as I have never been to either before. 
Briana and Paityn were so cute as they were walking to where we needed to board the bus. It was so cute to see them hand in hand


Zions is a totally new kind of beautiful than what I am use to from Northern Wyoming and New England. 
Carpenter Family, what an amazing family they are. 
Little Paityn was getting grumpy not long after we started. With our first trek I thought oh boy this could be a long day if she keeps this up. But she got in a better mood as the day went on. 

Got to keep those shoes tied. 
I loved seeing all of the natural springs. 
Here was a wall of water that we had to walk under. 

The kids are getting dripped on. 
I'm getting dripped on. Sierra was so funny. One of my braids was not in the front and she was taking the picture. She had to stop and come over and adjust my braid before she could take the picture. It was funny. 
Sarah and the kids on the bridge heading back to the bus stop so we could head on to our next destination. 
The three oldest kids would always be far ahead and they would be ready for a picture and Briana was always so sad that she wasn't there to take the picture. 


Riding cowgirl!
Paityn had to ride the tree trunk too. 
Me and the kids. 
Cute Carson perched on a rock!



As Steve, Sierra, Carson, Briana and I were hiking back from the waterfall area. I was a bit behind all of them and I looked down the side of the hill and I saw the doe feeding on the tree leafs. 
Briana started to get tired and didn't want to go any farther. I gave her a piggy back ride so her feet could rest. 
Not long after Briana was all rested and ran off after the other kids I spotted another doe munching on natures salad. 
Steve and the kids after our hike. 



As we were driving along the road we spotted a Ram. It was fun seeing wildlife today. I don't see much anymore now that I moved to New England. I remember my visits to Alaska and how we would run into wildlife there all the time. We would run into moose like we would deer in Wyoming. 



This is Kolob.

Me and the kids a top the mountain in Kolob. 
Sarah and I
Sarah and Paityn
Sarah and Steve
I had such a great time. Heavenly Father really looks out after us. He knew how much I was missing my family and feeling a bit home sick. I am so grateful that he provided the opportunity for me through my new job to send me out to where I have family and was able to have such a wonderful visit with them. 
I love you guys thanks for a wonderful time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment