Friday, July 27, 2012

Road Trip Part 4-Nashville Sites

May 23rd I spent the day exploring Nashville. 


The Ryman Auditorium, this is where the Grand Ole Opry was held before they moved it to the Opry House. 



The Ryam Auditorium originally was a church. Mr. Ryman had the church built for Samuel Jones who was preaching and he helped Mr. Ryam "see the light" and he felt that Samuel needed a designated place to preach. 
Some of the outfits the performers wore. 

Grand Ole Opry Stage
I got to stand where all the great country performers have stood. 






Nashville visitor center. 
Nashville Country Music Hall of Fame.
I like how it looks like a piano keys.  




Elvis Presley's gold car.
Another old car with horns and guns all over it. 

Wall of records. "CD's"
Elvis Presley's gold piano.
These were some crazy shaped instruments. 

Opera House in Nashville
Opera House
Fun bridges

View from the bridge.


The Parthenon

Athena-Goddess of Wisdom




These doors were incredibly large. 
My last stop in Nashville before I started my next leg of my trip was the Belmont Mansion. 






Nashville was a fun place to visit. Beautiful country and lots of great music. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

We LOVE Nashville! Looks like you had a great time too!

Post a Comment