Friday, July 27, 2012

Road Trip Part 3-Grand Ole Oprey

May 22nd, I drove to Nashville, Tennessee. I remember as a kid we use to watch the Grand Ole Opry and we always had such a great time. I was really looking forward to the show and looking forward to a nostalgic time. 

This was just before Memorial Day and the show was to honor the men and women who have and are serving our country. 
Minnie Pearl still kicking and being funny before the show. 
Tonight I got to see John Conlee, Mark Willis, Jimmy Dickens, Montgomery Gentry, Kellie Pickler, Ronnie Milsap, and Rascal Flatts
I happened to come into town on a perfect night as so many of these people have been my favorites for years. I have always like Mark Wills and his music. It was exciting to see so many all in one place. 
Of course good ole Jimmy Dickens. It is incredible this guy is still around and performing. He is 4'11" and 92 years old. 
Montgomery Gentry
Kellie Pickler
Ronnie Milsap
I have always wanted to see Rascal Flatts in person and I was so excited that they were going to be there the day I was. It was a fantastic show. 


The friend of one of them was there who is a huge war hero. I can't remember the full details but he rescued many people and kept going in to pull more out risking his life with each re-entry. He was there and they invited him and a few others who were there to come on stage and be recognized for their bravery. 
It was a fantastic show and very touching and heart throbbing with all of the stories they shared. This was the highlight of my entire trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment