Friday, January 25, 2013

New York Adventures with Sarah Part 5-Lion King and Providence RI

The highlight to our trip to New York was the Lion King play. I have heard lots about this play and I have wanted to see it for a long time. I was excited that it worked out for us to go.  
Sarah and I out front of the entrance door. 
Here is a look at how crowded New York gets. It is way to crowded for me. When I walk down the street I like to be able to breath and not be rubbing shoulders with the person walking past me. 
Graciela, Martha, Sarah
We are waiting for the show to start. We are all super excited to be here. 
This was a cool lion face on the wall in the theater. 
The giraffe was my favorite animal. I thought it was so incredible that they are on 4 stilts walking across the stage. That would take a lot of practice and coordination.  
This is Nala and Simba as cubs. 
Pumba and Timon are some of the most entertaining characters. 
Their costumes are pretty neat as well. 
Nala and Simba as grown up lions. 
Scar was a pretty scary character. 
Rafiki was amazing. The Rafiki character is actually originally from Africa. It was fun to watch her in action and see her culture come out in her acting. She did a fantastic job.  
Zazu, he did a great job. 
It was really interesting to see how they represented the animals by humans. 



The Lion King was an amazing production. I am so glad we decided to go. The costumes were fabulous and the entire show was phenomenal. This is one I think I just might be willing to spend the money to see a second time. 
Graciela Thank you so much for letting us stay with you and for spending Saturday with us. We had such a great time and it was even better because we got to spend time with you. 
I made this picture for Graciela. This is her favorite picture and it has taken me for a few years now and I was glad to finally get it done and be able to take it to her. This is done by needle point. 
On our way home from New York/New Jersey. 
Some fall colors on the drive home. We headed home on October 28th. The day before Hurricane Sandy hit. 
On our drive home we stopped in Providence, RI so Sarah would be able to mark Rhode Island off of her list of places she has visited.  
Sarah was able to get out of Boston on Monday October 29th on the very last flight before the airport was shut down for Hurricane Sandy. She was glad to be able to get home. 
Thanks Sarah for coming and visiting. I had a great time with you and it was wonderful to have someone to go exploring New York with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment