Friday, June 22, 2012

Martha's Vineyard


May 11-13, 2012 I finally got the opportunity to go to Martha's Vineyard. This has been on my to do list since I moved to Boston. My friend Carri is involved with an organization called Women's World Health Initiative, (www.WWHI.com). She needed help with a fundraiser to finish getting the money they needed to have a dollar for dollar match from another company. I volunteered to help her out. I organized  a raffle where I got all kinds of prizes donated to the cause. She needed $5000 and my raffle brought in over $2000. We had a few of us who worked at raising money. Over all we all brought in over $6000. As Carri's way of telling us thank you she arranged for a weekend at a house of a friend of her's on Martha's Vineyard. 
It was a bit early still for actually enjoying the beach and the water. But perfect for a stroll along the beach. 
Early enough in the year that the seashells were still in one piece and not broken to bits by the many travelers. 
A lighthouse that was getting all decked out for Mother's Day. 
A very large Hotel, and it has an amazing view of the ocean and lighthouse. 


A downtown park next to one of their areas one can be dropped off from the boats. 
A fun little pond in the park. 
There are many houses here that are decorated on the exterior and they are called the Ginger Bread Houses. 
As we were walking down a side street I saw this chess set and thought it was pretty cool. 
The chair next to the table with the Chest set. 
This house had so many beautiful flowers. On the fence they had these wonderful purple flowers. 
A view from the other end. 
I even have my own Ice Cream store. Unfortunatly it was closed so we didn't get to have ice cream here. 
A random sail boat out on the ocean. 




I loved this view of the ocean. 



An incredible house. I really like the brilliant red roof. 
Carri on the dock, this was just a wonderful spot with the light shining down on her. This is the dock that is on the property of the house where we were staying. 
I decided to get up super early in the morning so I could enjoy the sunrise. 


There really is something breathtaking about sitting in the peace and quite and taking in nature and experiencing the beauties of the earth. I am glad I got to take advantage of this and enjoy the sun arriving for the day. 

Sunday we went to church at the branch. When we were leaving a lady followed us out and told us thank you for coming to church. She told us that her son wasn't going to make it for the day so we invited her to come over to the house for dinner with us to enjoy Mother's Day. Her name was Melanie, after dinner she invited us over to her house that she house sits for an older couple who are on the main land except in the summer. They have a tower and she took us up to the tower and this is a view from atop the tower. 
That is my shadow in the tower.  
Linda, Kelin, Me, Amber, and Melanie
Carrie, Kelin, Me, Linda, Brian, and Amber
This is a panoramic view from atop the tower. 

I went out for a walk on the beach and because it is a private beach the seashells are huge and for the most part totally in tact still. 
Here is the lovely house we stayed in. It was a great time and I am glad that I was finally able to go to Martha's Vineyard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment