Friday, June 4, 2010

Newport RI and Cape Cod


A few months ago some friends and I decided to take a day trip to Newport RI and Cape Cod MA. We first went to Newport and did half of the Cliff Walk. My friend Denise and I had done the other half last year when she was out here visiting. The second half is much more of a cliff walk and not much of an actual path. So we had fun climbing on the rocks and enjoying the beautiful view of the ocean and watching the waves crash into the rocks.
Austin and Pete walking close to the edge.

The houses along the cliff walk are huge. There are many mansions and ancient mansions along the cliff walk. It is a pretty area.
Austin, Me and Denise


Who thought you would find camels in Massachusetts.
Austin had been fishing for some sort of little shelled creatures.
My friend Pete works sometimes at this house and so we got to have a private tour of the grounds. We were suppose to get to go inside but the caretaker was not there so we had to take a rain check.
Austin and Pete letting the wind support their wait. The wind was blowing so hard they were leaning into the wind and it was holding them up.
This is the little island where the wind was blowing so hard.
Denise and I hanging out at the lighthouse.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love the Cliff Walk! I went on it a couple years ago on one of my visits to Boston. It's such a beautiful area. Thanks for posting pics!

Post a Comment