Thursday, May 20, 2010

Shepherd's Cookies

This last weekend we had a ward activity where the Elders in the ward were doing a service to the sisters by washing our cars, fixing bikes and laptops. In return we did a service by providing some of the food for the BBQ. I made a potato salad and cookies. The potato salad turned out really well and a lot of people came up to me and told me how good it was. One brother in the ward who doesn't like potato salad heard I had made it and so he decided to try it because he has eaten my at my house before and knows how good the food is I make. After he tried it he came up to me and told me how much he liked it. Also Brother White (Counselor in the Bishopric) told me that it was a great salad and then at church he came up to me again and told me how good he thought it was. Then he said my wife make a really good one too and I hope she doesn't think I don't like hers now that I have talked about how good yours was. I just laughed at him and thought that was funny.

On to the Cookies look at these
Don't you just want to take one and start eating one? I know you do. Well I would love to share the recipe with you but then I wouldn't have my special cookies anymore. And plus I use to share it with people and they would always come back and tell me the cookies didn't turn out the same as when I make them. So If you would like to try my specialty cookies just let me know and I will make up a batch to share with you. In the past when I have made these before I use to use just white chocolate chips. But this time I didn't have enough white chips so I looked in the cupboard to see what I had and I had three open bags: white chips, semi-sweet, and milk chocolate. So I put them all in and I think the semi-sweet and the white chips really compliment each other. Now I might be telling you to much to help you to enhance your cookies in the future. But this was something new I ran across and isn't my secret ingredient to these cookies. Because it has the left over chips in it that is why I have named them Shepherd's cookies.
Many people also came up and told me how good they thought the cookies were. If you would like to know for yourself so you don't have to take my word or those who have tried them just let me know and I will make you some.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Mom said...

you can send me a batch of the cookies Martha. Love you Mom

Livi Nivi said...

OK I'll take you up on that... make me some please like really soon they look delicious!

Post a Comment