Thursday, June 24, 2010

Laurel Grill and Bar

For this past Christmas my sister Sarah got me a couple of Gift Certificates to some restaurants in Boston. She said she hoped that she had selected some good ones since she has never been to Boston to try them out herself. I thought I would blog about it so Sarah would know she made a good selection. My new friend Holidais (Holiday) was in finalizing her plans in moving here. We meet because she come and checked out my apartment and she thought about coming and living with me. She will live in Cambridge and her friend Camilla might come and move into my apartment instead. We decided to go into Boston and have dinner on Monday at Laurel Grill and Bar. The picture above is the inside of the restaurant. It was really nice. We sat at the table in the back corner by the statue.
After we started eating the appetizer of Calamari I thought oh I should take a picture and Sarah can see how good the food is. So here is our half eaten plate of Calamari. I love fried Calamari and the sauce they had to dip it in was amazing. It was not the normal marinara sauce and it was the best dipping sauce ever. It had a little bit of a sweet yet spicy Chili taste to it and all kinds of yummy spices in it. They also had fried up some Banana Peppers and it was really good. Holidais didn't like peppers so I got to eat them all. Calamari is one of my favorite appetizers.
I got the Grilled Salmon Fillet with Red Potatoes, Fennel and Baby Spinach salad and a Red Wine Leek and Caper Sauce. It was all really good. I already started eating before I remember to take the picture. Sorry! I love Seafood!
Holidais got the Crisp Skinned Rotisserie Duck, Long Grain & Wild Rice, Roast Pearl Onions, Gingered Rhubarb Compote. She let me try her duck because I have not had it before and I thought it tasted like Turkey. The part I had was brown meat and it was good. Holidais said it was really fatty.
At a place like this (since I will probably only go once) we had to get dessert. We got a Brownie Sunday. It was really good but even the two of us couldn't finish it after all the food we ate. And they never give you enough ice cream to make it all the way through the brownie.

After we got home I thought oh we should have taken our picture at the restaurant but I we didn't so this is as good as you get me after my shower and Holidais beautiful as always.

Thanks Sarah for the Gift Certificate. It provided a fun evening and some very good food. We really had a great time.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Glad you liked it were you the only ones in the restaurant? If you liked it enough I could tell you how to get another gift certificate at a great price!!

Post a Comment