Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Our Savior's Life

This last weekend I decided to take a drive to Vermont and go to the Joseph Smith birth place. There is an exhibit of the life of our Savior. Angela Johnson created all of the sculptures. If you would like to know more about her work http://www.ajsculptures.com/
"Oh My Father"
This is a statue to depict when he went into the mountains to pray unto his Father.
"The First Vision"
Joseph Smith praying to know which church is true.
Joseph shares his experience "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!
"Master, Say On"
When Simon the Pharisee invited the Savior to his home and a Women, a sinner, came and washed the Saviors feet with her tears and wiped them with the fairs of her head. She kissed his feet and anointed his feet with ointment.  
I am so grateful to know the power of the Atonement. As I sat there pondering and looking into the face of our Savior and seeing the great love in his facial expressions the thought came to me that what matters is who we are now not who we were in the past or what we did in the past. That is the way the Atonement works and I think that is the message the Savior was giving to this women, as well as, the women who was the adulterer. The Savior accepts our willing hearts and all he cares about is who we have become and that we are doing our best to be the best. This is the feeling I had as I looked into His eyes.
"Gethsemane"
When the Savior bleed from every pore to atone for our sins, sorrows, and every joy or pain we ever have felt.
"Because Of Love"
The Savior carried his own cross and died for us because he loves us.


"Reach In Faith"
Thomas  didn't believe that the Savior had been resurrected until he was able to see the Savior with his own eyes and touch him with his own hands. The Savior said "Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.


"One Thing Is Needful"
Martha invites the Savior into her home and Mary sits at his feet learning from him.
"It Is I, Be Not Afraid"
The Savior walked on water to the Apostles as they were fishing. Peter walked out to the Savior and worked his Faith.

"Be Thou Clean"
A man full of leprosy: seeing Jesus fell on his face, and besought him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And he put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will: Be thou clean. And immediately the leprosy departed from him.
"His Gathering"
O ye house of Israel whom I have spared, how oft will I gather you as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, if ye will repent and return unto me with full purpose of heart.
"Let He That Is Without Sin"
An adulterous women is brought before the Savior to be judged. They tell him she should be stoned because she is a sinner and the Savior says He that is without sin cast the first stone.


"Lazarus Come Forth"
Martha goes to the Savior and tells him her brother has died, and in great Faith she knows the Savior has the power to give Lazarus life and raise him from the dead.

"Come Unto Me"
All who come unto him shall feel his tender love for them.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know he Lives and we shall live again because of his great gift he has unconditionally given to each of us. He has extended an invitation to come unto him and if we will heed that invitation and repent and be clean we shall live with him again. I know that whatever he touches shall live and be whole. If we will allow him to touch our lives we too shall live and be whole and clean through him. We must have great Faith and courage to believe even though we have not seen him or touched him with our own eyes and hands. I know that he suffered and died that we might be able to overcome death, and live with him and our families for all eternity. I know that our prayers are heard and are always answered in God's time. He loves us so much that God the Father and his Son visited the boy Joseph Smith and restored his gospel and priesthood to the earth again so we don't have to live in darkness. I know that my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ live and love me and you. I am so grateful for the knowledge and understanding I have been blessed with to know of his love for me and that even in times when I feel all alone and abandoned they will always be there with me at my side at all times and through all things, if I simply will accept their invitation to come unto them. All that he has done and will do is because he Loves Us.
All Because Of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment