Monday, January 11, 2010

Where did this Martha come from

As many of you know I do not like dogs in the least bit. I don't like to touch them and I don't like them to touch me. I am scared and terrified of them. I know most of them are harmless but that makes no difference to me. When I was younger I was riding my bike to school and a dog chased me and bit my ankle. Then a few years later I would ride my bike to my summer job at the golf course. I would have to ride my bike a few miles out of town and up a hill. Well once i would get to the hill a dog, a big dog, would come down the road and start chasing me up the hill and I hated it and it scared me to death every day. I have also been chased and pounced by other dogs over the year which hasn't helped with my fear of dogs. So Yesterday I spent the day with the Hutchins and we had dinner at the Son's house and they have a little dog not sure what kind but she is a super hyper dog and I was sitting on the couch by Sister Hutchins and the dog jumped up on my lap and all I could do was freeze and lean backwards so it would lick my face and say get down get down and Sister Hutchins came to my rescue and got the dog off of me. After dinner we went back to President and Sister Hutchins house. Prior to my visit Sister H told me they got a little puppy named Gracie. She said bring a change of clothes so she doesn't scratch up your Sunday ones and then you will need to be brave.  When we were getting ready to leave church she said it is time to go see the puppy I said ok let's go see the puppy and she said that didn't sound very brave. She made me say it again till I could sound brave in touching and holding her puppy. As we were sitting on the couch she was holding Gracie and she made me pet her ok it wasn't to bad but shortly after that I had to go wash my hands. Then she was on the phone and Gracie was bad and went potty on the floor so she got sent outside and I told her I could watch her while she was on the phone. It was time for Gracie to come back in and I tried to talk her into the house. Do you think she came no, The she started running under the porch step, I got her to come out from under there and then I tried to use the light from the flashlight to coax her into the house. I thought she might like chasing the light. That didn't work either. So finally I gave in and I had to pick her up and I hurriedly ran into the house and put her on the floor. As I came in I said oh boy you should be very proud of me. She laughed. Then I went and washed my hands again. I have been doing things that are totally out of the norm for me lately and I don't know where this daring and brave Martha has come from. We will see if she stays or the old one comes back.


They are not as innocent as they look, I promise!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your Hilarious!!! Not an animal lover myself but not that afraid either

Post a Comment