Wednesday, January 13, 2010

From one clog to another!

My bathroom sink has not been draining very well lately. I thought I knew how to take the stopper out and clean it out but I didn’t want to damage anything so I called my dad to get a confirmation that I was right. For something so minor I hate to call my landlord and bug him about something like that so I wanted to try and fix it on my own. I got the stopper out and was starting to get some things out of the drain but I could tell there was stuff deeper I couldn’t get out with the screw driver. I found a hanger and made a hook on the end of it. I put it down the drain and I accidentally got it down further than I expected it to go and it got stuck. I tried and tried to pull to get it out and it just wouldn’t come out. I had to go get my oil changed and run a few errands so on my way back I called my dad and told him what happened and he said to try turning it and pull up and see if I could get it to come out if I could get it to turn and release while applying pressure in pulling up. I couldn’t get it to come out. I knelt down and I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help me to get it out. I tried and tried more and it still wouldn’t come out. The goose neck on the piping has been glued so I can’t open that up and release it. I called my dad to see what else he thought I could do and he was at a loss as well. He told me well you might have to call your landlord after all and tell him what you did so he can come fix it. I said I was trying to fix such a simple problem and I have made a bigger one. As I was talking with him I had the impression to shove it down deeper and pull up in a repetitive motion like a plunger. As I was doing that it finally released and brought up a bunch of gunk with it. I was so thrilled I started to laugh in a high pitched voice speaking fast repeating It came out, it came out, as I did this little victory dance in my bathroom. You would have thought that I had just climb MT Kilimanjaro or accomplished some big feat in life. My dad laughed at me and said I have never heard anyone so excited about clearing a sink clog before. He told me I am a good fisher of clogs. When I got off the phone with dad I knelt down and prayed and thanked Heavenly Father for helping me get the wire out of the sink. I am so thankful for this small little miracle he performed in my life today. He does have a plan for me and a part of that plan is to let me know that he loves me and that he listens to me and that he is here and very much involved in my life.How amazing that miracles still exist and in such simple ways Heavenly Father reminds us they do.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Mom said it was pretty funny to hear you laughing!!!!

Post a Comment