Thursday, January 7, 2010

First Night in Boston (Me Being Fearless)


This Year for New Years Eve I decided to take an adventure. There are two things that I don't like to do and I did them both in one night. I don't like to ride the T (take the subway/train) and I don't like to go into the city and wonder on my own. My co-worker had told me about the First Night events that take place in Boston. I checked it out online and it looked like it would be a lot of fun. I couldn't get anyone to go in to the city with me so I decided I was going to go in by myself. I felt so brave, I went in on the train and spent time wondering and looking at the ice sculptures. They were amazing I have never seen ice sculptures in real life and it was really neat to be able to see them. It is incredible the talent people have and it was great they shared their talents with so many people.



I made it in time to be able to see the Grand Procession and there were all kinds of fun floats and fun things people were carrying instead of floats. It has been a long time since I have been to a parade and I would have to say this was one of the best parades and most creative I have ever seen. It was a lot of fun. 

These were just a few of the fun things I saw. Then they had fireworks and they were really good. The weather ended up being pretty nice not to cold and it had snowed earlier in the day but it had stopped by the time I went into the city. Because it was cold it made a lot of the smoke more apparent. The fireworks really nice regardless. 



I also enjoyed walking around and seeing all of the lights. It has snowed earlier on in the day so there was a fresh blanket of white and it was so beautiful. There were so many lights of and one of my favorite sights was the round trees that had white lights on them and then the snow on top of it. I missed being able to talk with someone about all the things I saw but at the same time it was nice to be able to just take it all in and to enjoy the view.




Needless to say I was pretty stoked at my fearless adventure. Okay well it wasn't fearless to start with I really had to talk myself into leaving the house and going but in the end it was all worth it. It was a very refreshing evening and I really enjoyed the time out. 

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Molly said...

Way to go Martha!!! I'm glad you were able to enjoy your New Year's. Hope you are doing well!

Post a Comment