Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Reason for the Season!

Twelve Things of Christmas that bring Joy to me!


The First thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
the spirit of Love and Care in the air!

The Second thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is the memories attached to each ornament on the tree.


The Third thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is all the Christmas lights that remind me our Savior is the light of the world.


The Fourth thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is the snow. A blanket of white to remind me of the importance of being clean and pure as the snow is white.


The Fifth thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
the traditional Christmas songs which help spread
the feeling of Christmas.


The Sixth thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
the scriptures so we can reread the story of Jesus Christ’s birth.


The Seventh thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
to see many people making an extra effort to be kind to
those around them.


The Eighth thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
the knowledge that prophets foretold of Jesus Christ’s birth
so the people could be prepared; and knowing we have a
prophet today who is preparing us for Jesus Christ’s Second Coming


The Ninth thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
all the thoughtful cards and letters from my family and friends.


The Tenth thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
the nativity to remind me of the humble life Jesus led.


The Eleventh thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
the star shining in the sky to lead the way to the Christ Child,
God has given the gift of the Holy Ghost to us to lead us to
his son’s presence.


The Twelfth thing of Christmas that brings Joy to me is
“the gift” of Christ and remembering the real reason
for celebrating the true meaning of Christmas.

                                                               Martha Paxton


I have never been one to write stories or poems but this Christmas Season was a little different. This Christmas I found myself thinking very early in the season of why I Love Christmas. Maybe it was because I knew this was going to be a different Christmas than ones in the past. I would not be spending it with my family. I wanted to make this a special Christmas and one night while I was laying in bed the tune for Twelve Days of Christmas was playing and then a few ideas starting flowing through my mind. I decided to write the Twelve things of Christmas that bring Joy to me. I am a little late in posting it here on my blog but I thought it would be appropriate since we should remember the real "Gift" of Christmas is Christ and we need to remember him all year not just in December.


As part of this post I would like to share my testimony about my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that he came to earth and lived a perfect life and was subjected to hurt and pain in his life time so he could clearly understand what life would be like for us. But he also lived this life so we would know that he understands what life is like for us as well. It brings me great comfort to know that I have someone I can go to that fully understands everything that I am going through. This is possible because of a selfless act that brought on great suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane. Everyday of my life I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ to know that it doesn't matter what type of a trial, heartache, struggle, physical pain, emotional hurt, Joy, Happiness, and Love that I feel in my life that Jesus understands exactly what I am feeling and there is great comfort in knowing this. I Love my Savior and I look forward to the day He will embrace me and tell me Welcome Home, and that He has missed me. I Love His gospel and know that through living my life in accordance to His teachings and my Father's Will, I will be blessed in so many ways in my life. I know that He has a plan for me here on this earth as He does for all of us. I know that through this plan I can return and live with Him and my family for all eternity. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and the Bible that I have His teachings at my finger tips. I can read about His life and turn to His perfect example to know how I should live my life. I am grateful that He has called a prophet to the earth in our day who holds His Authority and who teaches us of those things that we need to do in our day to prepare to meet our Savior and Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for the Temple and the opportunities that I have to enter His Home on a regular basis. I feel of His Love and my relationship with Him has grown immensely through regular Temple attendance and service. I am so grateful that He has entrusted his Priesthood power to man on earth that we can call upon it in times of need through requesting a blessing. I Love that He knows me individually and He knows and understand my needs. He knows exactly what I need to hear through the voice of His servants. He sends comfort and peace to me to remind me that He is there and that He loves me and will never forsake me. I share this testimony in the sacred name of my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment