Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Phoenix Botanical Garden Jan 2013

In January I went on a business trip that tool me from Phoenix to Las Vegas, to several areas in UT and then to Cleveland OH and finishing the month in San Francisco CA. 
While I was in Phoenix on the weekend I went to the Botanical Garden. I got a Groupon for 2 admissions for the price of one. I unfortunately didn't get to take any of Elizabeth's kids with me so I made some random person's day for getting them in free. 
Summer
They had these sculptures made from fruit, vegtables and tree branches that resembles each season. 
Winter
Autumn 
Spring


It was really incredible to see the different type of cactus and trees that grow in the dessert. 
Many of them made me think of Dr. Seuss 
Couple of rabbits playing. 
They had these strange sculptures all over the garden. 
It was wonderful basking in the sun of 60+ degrees. I loved walking around without a jacket on in January. 


Wood Xylophone 



This cactus was so strange. It reminded me of intestines. 
This cactus seemed like a scary creature that would over take you and pull you in and burry you in the grounds. 



Chiles!!






I liked the spiral design of this cactus. 
This one is just funky!!!


I loved the bright red flowers. 
The bumpy things on this cactus are prickly pears. 
It sure is interesting to get to see all the different types of vegetation in different habitats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment