Monday, November 21, 2011

Spirit of Boston Cruise

My Mom and Aunt Connie came to visit me the end of July and first of Aug. Their first day in town I had them go to the Isabella Garner museum and had them meet up with my friend Julie to be their tour guide. They got their first taste of the subway also known in Boston as the "T". They got to experience the busy life of the city. I am sure it was a bit overwhelming for a couple of small town folk that come from a town of about 2500 people and one stop light in town. They had many fun adventures as they learned to navigate around underground because I had to work most of the days they were here. We got to spend the evenings together and a few other days. All in all I think they had an enjoyable time. Each day they came home exhausted but they had an experience of a lifetime. After they spent the day walking around the city and exploring museums we went on a Spirit of Boston Cruise. 
Dianne, Connie, Martha
Me and Connie in front of the cruise boat. 
Me and my mom
My Mom (Dianne)
Aunt Connie
Mom and Connie were funny about all the things they got to see. They wanted pictures of everything. It was funny to me because it is just part of the scenery for me but everything was new for them. There were so many different pictures of boats 

Planes 
and islands with lighthouses they got to capture the many memories.
Once inside the cruise boat we were given a seat by the window. The tables were nicely set and
the food was delicious. 
There was a variety of different food items and it all was very tasty. 
To start off the party they had us throw streamers and make lots of noise. Mom and Connie after the streamers were released. 
Caught another picture of a plane flying over the city. Mom and Connie got to experience the sunset over the city which you don't get to see unless you happen to be on the water. So it was a beautiful view and the first time for me to see the sun set over the city as well. 


Me as the sun was starting to go down and color the sky. 


After dinner we spent time on deck watching the sun set and enjoying the cool breeze. Then we came in and chilled at our table for a bit listening to the music and live performers. The staff of the cruise would perform songs. Some would dress up a bit to get into character and some just got really crazy. They were fun to watch and listen to. 
We also had a very yummy assortment of desserts. 
Towards the end of the evening it was getting really cold on the boat. I was shivering so Connie put the napkins on me and my mom took my hand and put it over her arm to warm up my hand. 
The dance floor and fun lights. 
As we were de-boarding the boat mom and I get down to the bottom level and we realized Connie was not with us. I look up and there is Connie gazing out over the top ledge of the boat. 
And she finally decided to join us down on lower deck. We all had a great time and got full with the great food. By the time we got home we were all tired and ready for a good nights rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment