Friday, December 31, 2010

Friends and Snow over the Holidays

My good friend Rob was back in town during the holidays. He is going to school in Orlando. We met up and went to LA Burdicks and got some hot chocolate. I have heard about their hot chocolate and that it is the best ever. It was really good. It was the thickest hot chocolate I have ever drank. It is basically straight chocolate curls melted with just a little milk added to keep it a liquid. It was tasty. It was so nice to catch up with Rob. When I get to see old friends again it reminds me how much I miss seeing and spending time with them. Thanks Rob for fitting me into your schedule while you are back in town. Will look forward to our next visit.
December 26th we had a snow emergency which is when they close everything down. By 2pm the emergency was in order and people were to stay off the roads if at all possible. It started snowing and the wind was blowing nearly 40 miles an hour. I could hear the snow plows plowing all night long and the wind blew all night long. when I got up Monday morning this is what I found.

The car to one of the girls who lives above me.

That is my foot the snow went just above the top of my boat in this area. There was a lot of drift and my side of the driveway seems to always get it all.
That car you see right there is my friend Emily's car. She was suppose to come back Monday night from her Christmas vacation and so I had a chore in getting it unstuck. It resulted in calling my neighbor to come help and the girl upstairs (Vanita) came and helped. The three of us managed to finally get it out and unburied. Where that car is parked is where the new home for all the snow went. We had to shovel the snow to one side of the drive way to make room for the car to get out of that spot and then shovel it all into that spot so we could have our driveway back.


In this spot the snow was taller than my knees.
I will not be sad if this is the last snow storm we get. Fortunately for me my company has everyone set up to work remotely from home when needs be. They sent an email out on Sunday night informing people to stay home and work and stay safe. I was very grateful for that because it still allowed me to work and get my driveway cleaned. I have no idea what time I would have actually made it into work if I would have had to clean out my driveway in order to go. I might have gotten there by noon or later but I don't think much before that. It sure does pay to work for an amazing company who puts the well being of their employees first.

1 comment:

Stacylyn said...

WOW! That's nut. I'm glad you were home and safe. Love you Martha Lou.

Post a Comment