Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Banana Marble Bread

Sunday I decided to whip up some banana bread to use up some very ripe bananas. I like banana bread but not many people in my family do. So I searched in Mom's cookbook and I couldn't find a recipe. I guess she didn't think anyone would ever like it so there was no need in putting a recipe in the book. No worries for that, when you have the internet. I searched online and found a recipe. It called for 2 1/3 cups of bananas but I had less than two cups so I added apple sauce to make up the difference. It turned out really tasty. The other thing I did to make it a little different is after I put the banana bread mixture in the pans I took some chocolate ice cream topping and swirled it around to add a marble look.



I couldn't wait for the bread to be done cooking. It smelled so yummy and I was anticipating the wonderful flavor. It lived up to my anticipations and was very delicious. If you like Banana Bread and want to try something different add some chocolate. It was super moist and you can't taste the apple sauce. Very tasty. Great treat for a Sunday afternoon.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds yummy! Now I want banana bread. haha :)

Martha said...

Rachel,

It was really good and I liked how the chocolate was evenly distributed throughout. I thought about putting Chocolate chips but I hate how they always fall to the bottom of the bread so I really liked this idea.

Post a Comment