Sunday, May 16, 2010

Hudson River

A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to drive to West Point Military Academy to attend a fireside where Elder Jeffery R Holland spoke. It was an absolutely beautiful drive. One thing I love about the east is how green and lush everything is and all the green trees. On my drive to West Point I stopped at a look out point over the Hudson River. It is an amazing view.


I believe this establishment you see here is called Fort Montgomery this is where the Americans built early in the Revolutionary War. At this fort they also built a massive iron chain that stretched across the Hudson River. This was to prevent the British from passing but the British captured the fort and cut the chain.


I thought this was a cool bridge it looked really cool as I came around the corner and saw it.
I love this tree it is huge and full of life. 


As I mentioned here in the east everything is so green. I love coming down a hill and looking out over a mass of trees. The trees are so thick and beautiful. 

The Fireside was really good. It was a neat experience to be a part of. Elder and Sister Holland came early and joined a little gathering where they talked one on one with people took pictures and gave hugs. It was nice to watch then interact on a personal level with everyone. It was fun to watch the excitement people had as their turn approached to meet an Apostle of God and get to have a brief moment to exchange a few words and smiles with each other. It was nice to be able to just sit back and watch and take in the sweet spirit. Elder Hollands main point to his talk was One can be a multitude: so don't ever be sorry you are the only one standing...It was an great talk and I am grateful I had the opportunity to go and feast upon his words.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing! :)

Post a Comment