Friday, March 19, 2010

Amazing!

When I moved out here to Boston I started to work for ATI. They have a great product which is an outdoor emergency warning sirens. So like the tornado warning sirens. However, there are many things I didn't like about the company and the economy doesn't really support this type of a purchase at this time. I have been looking and searching for a new job for a very long time. At one point I wondered if I had made the biggest mistake ever in moving out here for this job. But Heavenly Father assured me that I am where I am suppose to be. I continued to be patient and to look for a new job. I had a few interviews, a company even flew me out to Chicago to have interviews in the home office. Nothing ever came of any of the interviews other candidates were always selected. At the first of the year ATI hired 3 new sales people. One who's name is Johnny Ward starting talking with me and I told him I was looking for a job and he told me of a company that he use to work for 5 years ago. Ipswitch is a network management software company and they treat their employees well and the company culture is amazing. He had so many good things to say about them. He said he was laid off because they restructured their sales team and 5 people were let go, a short 6 months later they realized that the restructure wasn't the best idea they had and they put it back to the way it was but those 5 people didn't get hired back. He said he would go back to work for them in a heartbeat. He told me I should look and see if they are hiring so I did and they were. He told me of some of his contacts still there so I sent my resume in and a week went by and they called me. A week later I went in for an interview and I interviewed with 7 people. At the end of that week they offered me the job. I accepted the offer and will start on the 22nd of March. I am really excited to begin a new chapter in my life. I don't think that if I was still living in Utah and looking for a job that they would have ever called me for an interview. This was an opportunity that I had to be here for. When I was offered the job they told me I am way over-qualified for the position but they can see the potential I have to bring to the table long term with the company so they were willing to offer me the job with a bit better package than the original one. I am grateful I came to Massachusetts when I did and that I have been able to make so many friends here and at my job at ATI. There are so many wonderful people I will miss and I pray for the best for them all. I am grateful that Johnny was willing to refer me to Ipswitch and put a good word in on my behalf (it never hurts). I am also truly grateful for all my amazing family and friends who joined me in fasting and praying to help me find a job. Your prayers and support are appreciated and have been heard. I know that Heavenly Father has a plan for us and I have learned that if I follow his will that things will turn out but doesn't mean that they will be easy. Which has made me reflect on the life of Joseph Smith. He did all in which was required and asked of him but he went through some very difficult times but in the end things always worked out. I am grateful for Heavenly Father's guidance in placing me where I needed to be to learn about Ipswitch so I could find this opportunity.I am very excited to have this new opportunity and adventure in my life. It is time to start a new chapter to my life story.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

That's great! Congrats! I know connections are the best way to find jobs...that's how I found my latest one too. :)

Martha said...

Yes I would agree because people trust those they know and when they recommend someone they know they are getting someone good rather than just picking from a pool of strangers.

Post a Comment