Saturday, February 27, 2010

Museum of Science

Saturday I decided to go to the Museum of Science. I have not yet been there since I have lived here so I decided to go. Also they are having a Harry Potter Exhibit and I wanted to see it before it was gone. This is another one of those things I did on my own that I normally wouldn't do. So many things have changed in the past year.


The Museum was a lot of fun I spent 4 hours there and felt like there was still a lot more to see. Recently many friends have told me my traveling options are limited without a passport. They say I will have so many more opportunities once I have a passport. But look at all I have seen and I didn't even need a passport.




I saw Mount Everest I even saw the summit.






I went to Egypt and watched people make pyramids








I saw historical Diamonds









Roamed on the prairie with the buffalo




Meet some girls from all over the world






















Saw a giant grasshopper




Learned about snapping turtles





Saw a really cool chair made out of antlers.











Saw a Cheetah and Panther that could jump on you at any moment.






Saw an airplane engine










and Touched a real Helicopter Engine








Almost got eaten by a dinosaur





Watched an indoor lightening show















Checked out a space shuttle



Saw a picture called Cans Seurat it is made out of 106,000 aluminum cans the number used in the United States every thirty seconds








Check out the detail







This one is called Gyre which depicts 2.4 million pieces of plastic, equal to the estimated number of pounds of plastic that enter the world's oceans every hour. All of the plastic in this image was collected from the Pacific Ocean.


Check out the detail in zoom take One Yes that is a comb              
Take Two close up of the comb





I visited the Mayans and Incas














Went to Africa on a safari








Then I went to Hogwarts. The Harry Potter Exhibit didn’t allow you to take pictures. But there were a few things outside of the exhibit that I was able to take a picture of. The Grand Hall with the flags for each house.







The Knight from the Chess game. This is the Knight that Ron Weasley rode during the giant chess game.








The rest I can tell you about what I saw. They started us off in a room where we saw the sorting hat and a few people got to be sorted into the different houses. The people who were talking to us talked with an English accent it was fun. Then we walked through some big doors and we saw the train that takes the kids to Hogwarts. The clothing of the teachers and the main students were all displayed with their given wands and a few other accessories. When it came to Harry and Ron they had the dorm room set up with the beds and chests, the map, some of their books and wands. I got to pull up some Mandrake and I survived. Saw all the things that do with quidditch and held a quidditch ball. Saw Buckbeck and went into Harged's Hut. They had Hagred's clothes on a manachin and they were huge. I knew he was big but this really put it into perspective for me. We then went to the ball the one where Harmine went with Victor Krum. We saw some of the things the Weasley boys had in their store and we exited through the hall of pictures and they really do move. :) Then we ended up in a Harry Potter Gift Shop.

 
And of course it wouldn't be complete with out Harry Potter's Firebolt!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Fun pics! Makes me want to go to Boston again to see the Museum. Thanks for sharing your adventures!

Post a Comment