Thursday, March 25, 2010

Special: this is all for YOU!

This has been my first week at my new job working for Ipswitch. I have really enjoyed it so far. Everyone here has been really friendly. They have been very helpful in making me feel welcome and included and willing to answer any questions I have. I have been taken really good care of so far. I have really enjoyed things so far and that which I am learning. There is such a great feeling here that I never felt when I was at my last job. I definitely think the stress level in my life will decrease if it hasn't already.



Yesterday the VP of Sales took anyone who wanted to join from the sales department of the Network Management division to lunch to Margaritas a Mexican Restaurant. My co-worker Matt and I drove over together and we got there first. While we were waiting I decided to step into the lady's room. When I returned more people had arrived and they were just getting ready to take us to our table. As we were walking to the Table Pat the VP of Sales said this is a special occasion, this is all for you, I told him well I definitely feel special. At the end of lunch I told Pat Thanks for lunch and he said Thank you for joining our team we are happy to have you with us. I told him it is my pleasure to be here.




I feel very special and blessed to be a part of such a great company. They have been nominated as one of the Top Companies to work at in Boston for 2010. The award hasn't been given to any company yet. Ipswitch may get it and they may not but I can't say I have ever worked somewhere that has even been nominated. That in itself is a great thing. The way Pat told me he is glad I am here and have joined the Team it makes me feel like I am special and they fought to get me. Due to the conversation Pat and I had when he offered me the job, I know that he has gone the extra mile to bring me in and make me a part of his team. He compromised a lot to pay me closer to what I was asking for considering this is a junior position and I am highly over qualified for the job. But he told me that he can see that I have a lot to bring to the Table and this is a great opportunity to bring me aboard. I appreciate that he was not only looking to feel for the moment but considering things for the long term. I feel valued and that is something every employee should feel by their employer.


Pat makes it sound like I have done them a favor by joining their team, when in reality they have done me a HUGE FAVOR in letting me join their team. I am so excited to see what the future has to hold for me here at Ipswitch. I have been in training all week so far but I really hope I will be ready to make phone calls next week because I am ready to start making things happen.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

I am so glad that things are going well for you at your new job. it sounds like an amazing job for you!

Post a Comment