Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pascual and Vicky Hernandez-Curiel Wedding

March 9, 2013 I attended a wedding I have waited for, for 10 years. 
I met this family 10 years ago while I was serving my mission in Florida. I meet Pascual and Danny as they were playing outside of their apartment complex. My Companion and I talked to Pascual about what we were doing and that we had a message we would like to share with his family. He invited us in and we found his wife preparing for a birthday party of one of their children. We asked if we could come back and share our message with them. They accepted which was the start of a life long relationship with this family with whom I adore. 
This family is like my own. I have grown close to them and care deeply for each and every one of them. 
I got a call from Pascual on the 14th of February telling me they had decided to get married and the dates of the wedding. I was so excited, I left on vacation the next day and my entire two weeks were fantastic and I was so looking forward to returning to attend this wedding.  
Vicky asked to speak at their wedding. They had a little devotional before the wedding. They had three couples who were getting married. Vicky asked me to speak on what marriage means. I opened up my talk speaking about how I met them and why they are important to me. I then said I am single and don't have any real experience in marriage but I thought about what I have seen in the lives of my parents, grandparents and other significant couples in my life. I shared what I have learned from their marriages.  


The thing that has been incredible for me has been watching this couple change over the last 10 years. I have watched their countenance change and watched them fall deeper in love with each other. 

They are such a beautiful couple. 
While Vicky and Pascual are getting married. 


Exchanging of the rings. 


All three couples. 
Someone shouted do it again and now Vicky was watching to make sure we were taking the picture and this is just a funny kissing picture. 
The beautiful wedding cakes. 
Here are the adorable kids who were also so very excited for this day for their parents. 





That is a mouth full Pascual!!
The whole family including Itzel's boyfriend. 
Vicky and her little baby.


All of the cakes for all three brides. 

Cutting of the cakes!!!
Itzel, Pascual, Danny, Vicky, Mayra
Hernandez-Curiel Family
Danny always doing something funny in the pictures. 
Both go in at the same time. Apparently the Latin's know how to eat the cake, both go in at the same time. 
Cake filled kiss. 

Black frosting still stuck to his chin. And the best face ever. 
The other couple daintily eating their cake. 

The first dance as a married couple. 



This was a funny little thing they did where the bride stood on one chair and the groom on the other and you dance around and try to make them fall down. Luckily no one fell and no one got hurt. We all had a great time a lot of fun dancing and enjoying the party. Danny danced the Gangnam Style dance to top it all off. 
What an amazing wedding it was worth every day I waited to see them to finally tie the knot. I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to be a part of their lives. It has been incredible to watch their entire family grow. I have lost touch with pretty much everyone I had the privilege of teaching while on my mission. I am so grateful that I have had the opportunity to stay close to this family. By seeing and participating in their lives makes my mission worth every moment of it. When they say sometimes we don't see the seeds we plant grow is true. But sometimes we do have the chance to see those seeds that were planted so many years ago grow into beautiful blossoming trees. About 6 years ago or so Pascual got baptized and told me that he is working toward getting to the Temple this year and making additional covenants with Heavenly Father. It makes my heart and soul swell with joy to see the steps they are making towards making covenants with Heavenly Father. 
Both Vicky and Pascual spoke at the end of the event and they both spoke about me and the influence I have had in their lives and it was such a tender moment and it did bring tears to my eyes. 
In a way I think I am having a moment to see what it is like to be a parent and to see your children make important decisions in their lives. Decisions that will affect their entire family and generations to come. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the joy it brings to my life. I also love the Temple and the peace it gives me in my life. Amidst the turmoil and chaos in this world there are places that exist where we can escape it and seek refuge even if it is only for a few hours, in the House of the Lord, his Sacred Temple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment