Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall in New England

I love the fall. I love the colors especially when the trees are just starting to change colors and there is still green left on the trees. I love the way the colors just blend together. 

 Unfortunately it was an overcast day when I was taking pictures of these trees so they didn't turn out as well. But if the light would have been better you would be able to see the true beauty I was seeing.  
 A few weeks ago my friend Daniel McMurtry invited me to go with him to Western Massachusetts to his Aunt's family farm. The drive was most beautiful. There was this gorge we passed and was amazing with all the trees and colors. We stopped to take a better look.




 It was such a beautiful day. 
It was a fun time to meeting Daniel's family. I have always felt like I have a very unique name. I have never meet anyone my own age with my name. It has always been older women or women from other cultures. When I was being introduced to the family and Daniel said this is Martha I immediately was given a hug by his grandmother and his Aunt saying we love your name. One of Daniel's Aunts who I met later in the evening is named Martha, his cousin's name is Martha and his cousin's girlfriends name is Martha. His Aunt Martha loves Wyoming and always told her mom that she would love to live in Wyoming and being able to run free on horse back. His cousin Martha's birthday is on October 3 same day as mine. There were a few other fun things we learned that I had in common with the other Martha's but I can't remember. It was a fun time meeting other people with my name and being told over and over how much they love my name. Most of my life I have had a hard time with my name but over the years it has grown on me and I have liked how unique it is. But is was still fun to meet so many people or learn of so many people in the same family with my name. 

These last two pictures are of trees from the Harvard campus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment