Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Greek Food


This is one of my new Favorite Restaurants here in Massachusetts.
I had not eaten Greek food till a few months ago when my friend Austin introduced me to this little restaurant. The first time I was there we had calamari which was so delicious. We also had CORNER’S SPECIAL SOUVLAKI Chunks of lamb or pork marinated with herbs and spices cooked on charcoal. Served in hot pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, parsley and cucumber yogurt sauce.  Then to finish everything off we had I think it was the Carmel Custard.
The second time we started off with I believe it was (Spanakopita) Spinach pie: Spinach and feta cheese baked in layers of filo dough then we had CORNER’S SPECIAL GYRO which includes: Ground beef and lamb seasoned with herbs and spices. Served in hot pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, parsley and cucumber yogurt sauce. Then finished off with the rice pudding. The Gyro is my favorite so far. The ground beef and lamb was so tasty. It was amazing.
I am so glad I have been introduced to Greek food. I really love the cucumber yogurt sauce that is added to the food. I think I need to learn how to make this kind of food and maybe one day go to Greece to visit.
Thanks Austin for your introduction to the Greek World.
If you haven't tried Greek Food yet I would highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

We had it a couple of times in Orem it wasn't too bad. We liked the Gyro's too!!

Post a Comment