Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Erie Canal and the random parts of the Trip to Palmyra

Sunday after church Lindsay took us to the Erie Canal.
It was not very clean water I sure would not want to go swimming in it.
But no matter how dirty the water it doesn't bother this momma duck and her chicks.
Aren't they so cute.
It was a hot day and they needed to take a dip and cool off.
Lindsay then took us to the Mushroom house. Weird I know. One of her friend's relatives own this house. I tried to see if I could get some better pictures but I haven't gotten them yet. If I do I will add them later. So the house and deck are elevated up on these thin what looks like stems.
The base you see there just below the window of the house is the deck area.
It would have been cool to see the house from atop the hill that way all the trees wouldn't have been in the way.
Sunday morning when I woke up I looked out the window and a deer was just outside the window having breakfast.

Two other random things that happened is when we started off our touring there was a family in front of us at the Smith Farm. We ended up being in the same tour group as them. They are from Arizona well the parents still live in Arizona but the son and daughter live in Salt Lake Utah area. I can only remember the kid's names which are Tiffany and Nicholas. As we were at the Smith farm I was taking a picture in one of the houses and when I went to back up I ran into the mom. I said oh sorry and she said no worries I thought you were my daughter. Then when we were done with the tour part we went to wander the Sacred Grove and my friend Alex told me you see that girl over there (Tiffany) I kept talking to her asking her questions thinking it was you. After she would respond I realized it wasn't who I thought it was. I met my twin. We then headed over to the Temple to take pictures and when we were getting ready to leave I was taking one last picture and this car pulls up in front of me so I take the camera down to patiently wait till it moved so I could finish taking the picture. Then I realized it was this family. The dad was just laughing and I smiled back and waved to them and they were off. Then we went to the Hill Cumorah and when we went into the visitor center they were already there. After we were done there and we walked into the resource room I went up to the dad and teased him and said if you really wanted to be in my picture that bad you could have just asked. He laughed and said when I saw you I thought I had recognized you. I then said well it appears we seem to be following each other so where to next. He said lunch then the printing press. I said that is our plan to. We are going to the Chill n' Grill for lunch. We headed up to the monument and the Tiffany, Nicholas, and Mom were up there and we chatted with them again and took some pictures for them and yup you guessed it they showed up to the Chill n' Grill to join us for lunch. (second random thing) When we were at lunch Guess who decided to drop in? Donny Osmond! The Dad said Donny Osmond is behind you and he is a bit of a jokester and I didn't really believe him. Then I looked at the Mom and Kids and their looks were more convincing so I turned around and sure enough there was Donny Osmond.
My Friend Karime and Donny Osmond
The funny thing with this one is she didn't even know who he was. When we said there is Donny Osmond and we said he was famous she wanted her picture with him.

After lunch we headed over to the Grandin Printing Press and The Rawlings(I think is the families last name) told us they would meet us there. It was fun meeting new people and Dad Rawlings reminded me a lot of my dad that he is always looking for the opportunity to be teasing and giving someone a hard time. Which is right up my alley because I like to do the same thing. So needless to say we got along great. He has just retired and so they are enjoying life. They are going to be coming to Boston with a tour group this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment