Thursday, February 25, 2010

Snow what a Beautiful Sight

A few weeks ago we had a decent snow fall. We got about 4+ inches, that wasn't slush. When I went to shovel the driveway the snow was so heavy because it was so slushy and wet. It was so wet the snow blower wouldn't work on it. I don't mind the snow if it stays off the roads and the sidewalks and driveways. I mean really am I asking for too much. This is the reason I love the snow.




On my drive into work the day after it snowed the trees still had a think layer of snow over them and it was such a pretty sight. I am very lucky where I live because there is a forest right behind my house. In order to get to work I have to drive through the forest about a mile or so and it was so calm and peaceful looking as I would glance off into the trees and see a perfect blanket of white over everything.




I just love this picture of the elderly couple walking together along the pond.


This is a partial view of the pond


Here is a full view of the pond but it is frozen over with a new coat of snow so it just looks like a field of snow. Once it gets warm this pond actually has two fountains that are lit up at night it is really pretty.

It ended up getting pretty warm this day so by the time I was driving home all of the snow had melted off of the trees. I am glad I got to enjoy it for a brief moment. At times like this it just amazes me of the beauty of the earth. What a kind and generous Heavenly Father we have to bless us with such beauty. I also think that we can find beauty in all creations. I think by seeing the snow it helps me appreciate the desert and the desert helps me appreciate the snowy winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment