Saturday, August 1, 2009

Wonderful Friends

Last week had some challenges and I have such a sweet friends Amy, who sent me beautiful flowers. They arrived on a perfect day. I had just arrived home from getting a flat tire replaced. At lunch that day I walked out to my car and noticed that the back tire was flat. I examined my tire a realized that there was a crack in the rubber so I would have to replace it not just repair it. I called around to get quotes and find someplace close to me that could give me a new tire. I had plans on driving 3 hours to Connecticut the following morning and couldn't take that trip on a donut so I needed a new tire now. As I called place after place they asked what kind of a tire I have and no one carried that tire. Most places said they wouldn't put something else on either that it should be the same tire to replace it. Finally after a lot of work I found a place who said they will match the tread and put it on the back of the car and all would be well. So that is what I did. My manager was so kind to let me leave work an hour and a half early so I could get my tire situation fixed. After all that as I was driving home I saw a vase of flowers on my front step. I thought what are those from they must have left it on the wrong door step. I didn't think they were really for me, because I haven't received flowers very much in my life and just didn't expect it. But when I went and got them off the front porch it really had my name on it. This is what the note said. "Friends are Angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly. I hope this brightens your day and reminds you how much you are loved!!" It brought tears to my eyes and did brighten my day. Thanks Amy they are beautiful and they still look great and I am enjoying them.





I also had a friend from Utah come and Visit me. Eugene Peterson is a construction consultant and he was out here in Boston doing a seminar and he called and let me know he was coming and so we made plans to meet up. He took me to dinner to America's Oldest Restaurant called Union Oyster House. We had swordfish and scrod. They were both very yummy. It was my first time for both and they were delicious. We had a great time chatting and catching up on each other's lives. I am so blessed to have friends remember that I am here and take time to come and visit with me. Thanks for the company and the wonderful dinner Eugene. After wee were done eating we walked a bit around Faneuil Hall and we both got our pictures taken in the rain in front of the famous Cheers bar.




My friend Maria Peluso is from Connecticut and she was in my ward back in Utah. We tried to make plans to meet up while she was here and my schedule never allowed it. So I told her that I would come and see here which is about 3 hours south west from where I live. This is why I needed to get the new tire on Friday so when I went to see Maria on Saturday I wasn't going to have to cancel because she was leaving and going back to Utah the following Wednesday. It also was her birthday a few weeks earlier so when I got to her house I picked her up and I took her out to Breakfast. We had a good time chatting and eating a very yummy breakfast. I was so full afterwards I felt sick. But it was sooooo good. I stayed for a few hours and then I needed to head back to Massachusetts because I had other arrangements for my afternoon. However, I think Connecticut really liked my company because it kept me there for an hour longer not by my choice. The traffic was as thick as molasses and was going so slow. About an hour later I found out why. I had traveled a whole whoppin 10 miles in one hour because there was an accident. It involved a semi that was hauling a bunch of cars and probably about 4 other cars. But it wasn't on my side of the freeway. The traffic was so slow because people had to slow down and look at the accident. That was just a bit frustrating. Haven't these people ever heard of the saying there is a time and place for everything. The freeway is not the place for gawkers! Hate to break it to you!





No comments:

Post a Comment