Saturday, July 2, 2011

20th Year Anniversary-Beach Olympics

Friday morning we had a Beach Olympics event.
Lisa DeCourcy
In this event we had to run from point A to B with the ball between your legs.
The yellow team was my team. In this event we all had to walk on these ski like things and go down and turn around a cone and back. We smoke the other team we were competing against.
Left, Right, Left Right. The hardest part was getting started once you were started it was pretty easy to keep going.
Kevin Gillis doing the long jump. I have never done a long jump before and we all had to try and I actually did a lot better than I thought I would. I even jumped further than some of the guys on our team.
Tug-a-war our team didn't get to participate in this event because the rope broke to many times and there wasn't enough left to have two teams compete any longer.
Archery was fun. It was my first time to shot a bow and I loved it. It was hard and challenging but I was complemented many times on my great form.
Water sponge pass. We dipped a sponge in a bucket of water and had to pass it down the line under one person's legs and over the next person's head all the way down the line and then ring it out into the bucket and our team collected the water fastest.


We had great team spirit and we all had a wonderful time. Out team came in 5th and we were down 4 people than the other teams. I would say we kicked butt!
Roger Greene participating in the marble game. The team members had to connect PVC pipe together and get a marble to pass through it.
Frisbee toss
We had to toss the Frisbee into some hoops the further hoops were worth more points.
We had 485 people on the beach of Ipswitch employees. Plus all the hotel employees that put together the event. We had more than 500 people on the beach it was a great time.
Water Balloon toss. We started out at a short distance and we had to toss the balloon to our partner, they would walk the balloon back and go to the next line and toss it again and we did this till we made it passed all lines.
Upper Management
Pat Lorning, ?, Ennio Carboni, Kevin Gillis, Tom D'Errico

No comments:

Post a Comment