Thursday, September 1, 2011

Collecting "Change" for the Homeless

I am running a 5K to support the Somerville Homeless Coalition (SHC) on October 1, 2011. In 1985, the SHC was created by the local community’s grassroots response to the social crisis of homelessness. Neighbors, community activists, university students, faith-based leaders, business supporters and city officials united to address the escalating problem of homelessness within Somerville. Today, SHC transforms lives by providing services, support, resources and housing to well over 600 men, women, and children throughout Somerville, Arlington and Greater Boston.


I have pledged to raise $250 before I run, however I would like to surpass that goal with your help. With the multitude of charity volunteering and donations, I understand our collective financial resources can run thin, so even a sponsorship of some pocket change ($1-$5) would go a long way in accomplishing my goal. I am grateful to you for any support you can provide in my 5K run for the Somerville Homeless Coalition. See the following link to give your donations electronically. http://www.active.com/donate/somervillehomelessco/marthapaxton

Thank you for your support and for helping out my local community.

No comments:

Post a Comment